Background and Training
After graduating from Kansas Newman College (now, called Newman University, in Wichita, KS) with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and Business Administration, I obtained a master’s degree in clinical psychology from The Wichita State University. After working for a rural community mental health center in Western Kansas, I moved to Kentucky. In January 1989, I entered the doctoral program in clinical psychology at Spalding University in Louisville and worked in community mental health and at a child guidance clinic, which was a part of the training program in child psychiatry at the University of Louisville Department of Brain Sciences. In July 1993, I began my pre-doctoral internship at McLean Hospital in Belmont, Massachusetts, a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School. In September 1994, I began my post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Louisville Hospitals in Pediatric/Clinical Child Psychology.
Kentucky Licensed Psychologist (clinical, Child & Adolescent) Health Service Provider #128130
Indiana Licensed Psychologist (clinical, Child & Adolescent) Health Service Provider #20041058A
Florida Telehealth Registrant #514
National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology #43754
- In-patient staff therapist (1986-88), High Plains Community Mental Center, Hays, Kansas.
- Out-patient staff therapist (1988-90), LifeSpring Community Mental Center, Jeffersonville, Indiana.
- Bingham Child Guidance Center (1990-1993), University of Louisville Dept. of Child Psychiatry, Louisville, KY.
- Staff Psychologist (Director of the Psychological Assessment Service, 1995-2001), part-time 20 hrs/week – Bingham Child Guidance Center (1990-1993), University of Louisville Dept. of Child Psychiatry, Louisville, KY.
- Staff Psychologist – Research Evaluation Adaption Change and Health (REACH) of Louisville, part-time 20 hours/week.
- Private Practice (part-time 1995-2005, full-time 2005-present)
- Instructor, Bellarmine University 5 semesters (1996, taught General Psychology, 101.
- Guest Lecturer, University of Louisville Department of Psychology, Bingham Child Guidance Center, Bellarmine University Department of Psychology.
- Presentations at the Kentucky Psychological Association Fall Convention & Governor’s Mental Health Conference
- Practicum Supervisor for therapy and assessment practicum students – Spalding University and University of Louisville.
- Oral Examiner for the Kentucky Board of Examiners of Psychology, 2003-present
- Invited speaker for parenting groups on pediatric anxiety disorders, parenting, and psychological assessment
Outside of Work
I am enjoy spending time with my family, checking out new restaurants, spending quality time with friends, watching U of L games, cycling, skiing, hiking, traveling and photography.
- American Psychological Association, Member
- Division of Clinical Psychology (Div. 53), Member
- National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology, #43754
- Kentucky Psychological Association (KPA)
- Co-chair of the Ethics Committee
- Incoming President, President and past president
- Co-chair of the Continuing Education Committee
- Co-chair of the KPA-Political Action Committee